Water (also referred to as fresh water) can be found in Ponds, in small lakes and at Water Springs. It is an invaluable resource when traversing the Far, Far Range, however before water can be stored in the Vacpack, the Water Tank upgrade must be purchased.
Water cannot be vacced from The Slime Sea due to its unique composition of water and slime.
Water's primary use is to fight back against The Tarr and their digital counterparts when they appear.
During the night, splashing a Tarr once will stop them from being able to reproduce when eating a Slime, and splashing it twice will destroy it. During the day, Tarr will be destroyed in a single hit.
In addition to being a deterrent for Tarr, it also has a plethora of alternate uses:
- Puddle Slimes, when immersed in a water bed, consume water to produce Puddle Plorts.
- Immediately destroys Fire Plorts and crystal spikes produced by Crystal Slimes.
- Splashing a Fire Slime will extinguish its fire for 20 seconds.
- Splashing a Rad Slime will nullify its radiation aura for 20 seconds.
- Splashing a Boom Slime will prevent it from exploding for 20 seconds.
- Splashing a Quantum Slime will nullify their ghost copies and make them unable to teleport for 20 seconds.
- Splashing a Dervish Slime will nullify their production of tornadoes for 20 seconds.
- Splashing a glint produced by the Mosaic Slime will extinguish it. Splashing the Slime directly will also destroy all glints that specific Slime has created and prevent it producing more for 20 seconds.
- Will make slimes slightly less agitated when splashed.
- Splashing a plant in a garden will water it for 23 in-game hours, approximately doubling its growth rate.
Main article: Ancient Water.
Ancient Water is a temporary effect obtainable from Fountains used to rejuvenate Oases in The Glass Desert. It also refills The Player's water tank after the effect disappears. It has the same properties as normal water.
- 1.1.0 - (Undocumented) Collecting water from a harvest node now provides five units of water instead of one.
- 0.2.5 - Make it easier to collect water from the fresh Water Springs In addition, all water visuals are improved.
- Before 0.2.0 - Implemented.