Please read this article for full details.
|“||However bright, all things become but a twinkle.||”|
When the player is nearby, it produces a distinctive slime-like harmony. When approached, it bursts into song and then explodes, producing Chimes in fixed locations in the immediate area and an ethereal two-way teleporter back to The Ranch which lasts until midnight in real time.
Few ranchers have ever even glimpsed a twinkle slime, with most believing it to be a legend. But those that have know it's real, and that the twinkle slime seems to be related to the passing of time, or a change in seasons. However, this is only a theory as data on twinkle slime behaviors is quite limited.
When they are found, twinkle slimes give away their location with the beautiful songs they sing. On approach, their song will reach a crescendo and all at once, vanish from sight and fill the immediate area with strange motes of energy called chimes.
Twinkle slimes also create a mysterious portal after they vanish that always wisks those who enter it back home. It's not clear what purpose this serves, but some believe that the twinkle slime is reminding those who witness it that time passes whether you notice it or not, and when you do, it's sometimes nice to return home and remind yourself of the person you once were, and the people that made you who you are today.
Twinkle slimes pose no known risks to ranchers. They appear to be almost ethereal in nature.
Twinkle slimes do not seem to eat, and do not produce plorts.
- 1.4.1 - New 2019 Wiggly Wonderland event. It now gives Chime Changer instruments on subsequent bursts.
- 1.3.2 - Implemented along with Wiggly Wonderland 2018.
- The Twinkle Slime may draw its slime theme and singing from the English lullaby Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star. Exploding after producing a song when approached may be a literal play on the phrase "bursting into song". Its Slimepedia tagline - "However bright, all things become but a twinkle." - may be a passing reference to Supernovas.
- The Twinkle Slime is internally referred to as an Echo Note Gordo in the game's files, while its chimes are referred to as Echo Notes.
- Prior to release, the development map stated:
Few ranchers have ever even glimpsed a twinkle slime, with most believing it to be a legend, but those that have know it's real. Some believe that if you find a twinkle slime it will leave you with a gift to collect.
- The Twinkle Slime, like other gordos, is not affected by secret styles. It is also one of 2 varieties of slime that has no associated secret style, the other being the Tarr.