|“||A distant home for distant hearts.||”|
— the Slimepedia
The Ranch is the main base of operations for Beatrix LeBeau. Before the events of the game, it was previously under the ownership of legendary slime rancher and notorious old codger Hobson Twillgers, but his desire for exploration meant it was left into disrepair until it comes under Beatrix's ownership.
Beatrix begins her life on a humble ranch in the middle of an area in the Far, Far Range known as the Dry Reef. Once the property of the legendary slime rancher and notorious old codger, Hobson Twillgers, the ranch has seen better days, as Hobson let it come into a state of disrepair shortly before disappearing completely.
Hobson's whereabouts are currently unknown.
The primary use of the Ranch is to farm slimes for their plorts to earn Newbucks, the currency of the game. Earned Newbucks are used to progress in the game by purchasing plot buildings necessary for the ranching process, upgrading the Vacpack at the vacpack upgrade terminal, unlocking expansions, and investing into the 7Zee Rewards Club for further additional rewards for more long-term ranching. The player is free to organise The Ranch however they like, and there is no strict time frame for progression.
After unlocking The Lab, the ranch's function is expanded to creating gadgets using plorts and Slime Science Resources, both of which can be deposited into the refinery.
These expansions are initially locked off to the player covered by a barrier, and must be purchased using Newbucks.
|The Grotto is an expansion to the ranch set inside a (slightly spooky) cave which allows Phosphor Slimes to be corraled without a Solar Shield.|
|The Overgrowth is an expansion to the ranch that is covered in flora and naturally houses some food nodes. The closed-in area is ideal for free ranging.|
|The Docks is an expansion to the ranch with a view to the sea and a waterfall. It also holds a pond where Puddle Slimes can be held.|
|The Lab is an expansion to the ranch, where Slime Science is conducted.|
The following Ranch expansions are available when satisfying the requirements to visit the locations, but the ranchable areas are covered by a barrier until all of the tasks of the rancher who owns it are satisfied.
|Ogden's Retreat is an external expansion to the ranch with a relaxing atmosphere.|
|Mochi's Manor is an external expansion to the ranch that is unequivocally the most amazing place on the Far, Far Range.|
|Viktor's Workshop is an external expansion to the ranch deep beneath the sea.|
A corral is used to keep slimes on a ranch. The open-air corrals are designed for maximum slime satisfaction, with the rich soil of the Range beneath them and its expansive sky above them. Slimes...
The gardens used by ranchers use advanced technology to rapidly grow clones of fruits and veggies in a natural, though greatly sped up way. By placing a sample into the replicator, the gardens...
Though many ranchers simply let their chickens roam the ranch, a coop is the tool of a serious poultry producer. Coops keep hens and roostros close, allowing for maximum egg-laying...
A pond gives you a source of fresh water on the ranch that you can use for watering gardens, calming slimes in a corral, defeating tarr, or giving your Puddle Slime a place to hang out.
A silo lets a rancher neatly store plorts and resources in a handy, compact unit. Simply shoot into an available silo port to fill it, or vac it to retrieve items within. Remember, a clean ranch is...
An Incinerator will instantly burn anything it touches into ash, and then burn that ash into nothing. It's an excellent solution for eliminating a tarr outbreak or for simply disposing of...
Your Ranch House is, well, your house!
The plort market is a network of buyers and sellers of plorts across the galaxy. Ranchers use plort market machines on their ranch to send plorts to the market for sale. Ranchers are paid immediately when...
A Vacpack is a tool which is used to suck up and blast out anything that is not nailed to the ground. This can be food, slimes, plorts or various other items. It is also equipped with a flashlight...
The Range Exchange is one form of communication between Ranchers across the Far, Far Range that allows you to exchange goods from your ranch with goods from theirs. The Exchange is a type of...
Main article: Treasure Pods/The Ranch
- 1.4.2 - Added auto-save checkpoints after: a Slime Gate is opened, a Ranch Expansion is purchased, and a 7Zee Rewards Club level is purchased.
- 1.2.0 - A Teleporter to Mochi's Manor has been added. It requires unlocking The Indigo Quarry, purchasing The Grotto and doing at least one trade with Mochi before it can be activated.
- 1.1.0 - A Teleporter to Ogden's Retreat has been added. It requires unlocking The Moss Blanket, purchasing The Overgrowth and doing at least one trade with Ogden before it can be activated.
- 0.5.1 - Certain aspects of The Ranch can now be visually upgraded with the 7Zee Rewards Club; includes a gate, visual improvements on the fences and stairs and new brick flooring. The House and Tech can have their colours changed with Chroma Packs; another reward from 7Zee.
- A newly created save will start the player off with four Pink Slimes, three Chickadoos, three Pogofruit, three Carrots, and two Hen Hens on the Ranch.
- Each of the ranch expansions represents an area of the Far, Far Range; the main area and The Lab represents The Dry Reef, The Grotto represents The Indigo Quarry, The Overgrowth represents The Moss Blanket, and The Docks represents The Dry Reef and The Slime Sea. None of these locations provide location-exclusive extractor resources.
- There are a total of 26 plots; 8 in the main area with the Ranch House, 4 in the Overgrowth, 5 in the Grotto, 4 in the Docks, and 5 in The Lab.