|“||Deep, deep down in the great, blue sea, I saw a thousand slimes smiling back at me.||”|
— the Slimepedia
The Docks is an expansion to the ranch that repurposes a cozy, little lookout along the waterfront. This expansion offers a few extra ranch patches flanked on several sides with fishing nets. The nets can be used to temporarily catch escaped slimes or as a means of creating physical collages of slimes because it's fun.
The Docks is an open space to the slime sea, with various fishing nets around the main area. There is also a water pool by one of the walls, which is surrounded by rocks. A boardwalk goes out from the main platform to the ocean, where you should be careful as there's nothing to stop you from slipping into the Slime Sea. This place is perfect for puddle slimes.
On Knock Out
When the player is knocked out, some of the items carried at the time will be preserved and spawn from specific spots along the shoreline. A maximum of 6 items per slot can be saved, as determined by the following calculation:
(minimum between 6, and ((number of items in the slot)/2) rounded down)
The following items are kept on knock out:
The following items are not kept on knock out:
Perishables such as plorts and food will continue to decay during the time-skip period after a knockout, and may despawn during this time. Gold Plorts will decay in 6 hours, so will always despawn by the time the timeskip period ends.
- It's recommended that you don't use the sprint/run/dash feature near the dock area going out to sea, as it's easy for you to fall off and get knocked out.
- There is a water feature near the entrance that can be considered a free pond to house Puddle Slimes. Along with it comes a free Rubber Ducky Slime Toy, which can be used to increase the amount of Puddle Slimes in one area from four to five.
- 1.4.2 - Added auto-save checkpoints after: a Slime Gate is opened, a Ranch Expansion is purchased, and a 7Zee Rewards Club level is purchased.
- 1.3.2 - Fixed colliders in the lab and docks that were causing drones to do gymnastics while navigating and interacting in those areas.
- 1.3.0 - Fixed bug where a ball of water could sometimes spawn in the docks after a player knockout. But who was the water?!
- Fixed bug where items washed up in docks sometimes stood up unnaturally straight. We fixed this because it was really creepy.
- 0.5.1 - Implemented.