Stacking is a behavior exclusive to pure slimes where two or more slimes may stack on top of each other when in close proximity. They can form or break stacks at any time, and will actively try to break stacks when inflicted by Fear, usually around Tarr. Slimes may even spawn in specific spots already stacked.
Largo Slimes cannot stack, thus pure slimes lose the ability to do so when converted.
- 0.3.4 - Fixed an issue where a slime stack would result in slimes folding into themselves.
- 0.3.3 - Slimes that are actively fleeing Tarrs will now attempt to break up their slime stacks, because when things go south, it's every slime for themselves.
- Before 0.2.0 - Implemented.
- The stacking behavior is a reference to the Slime stack in Dragon Quest.
- According to Nick Popovich, Slimes do not stack in a corral to escape, but rather their behavior was a happy accident as the result of stacking when confined to a small space and their AI telling them to seek out Food when hungry.
- ↑ Nick states the Dragon Quest nod in the 2017 GDC Emergent Storytelling presentation
- ↑ Nick explains the "happy accident" of slime stacking behavior resembling an escape attempt.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.