|“||Slime keys are large, stone keys that are used to open the slime gates across the range. These gates often lead to expansive, new areas to explore or create shortcuts to familiar areas.||”|
Slime Keys are objects that can be found upon bursting certain wild Gordos. They are necessary for opening Slime Gates. Unlike most items found in Slime Rancher, they are not interactable with the vacpack and do not obey gravity physics, but can be picked up on contact with it.
Keys are obtained from the following Gordo Slimes:
- Pink Gordo #1
- Pink Gordo #2
- Phosphor Gordo
- Honey Gordo
- Hunter Gordo
- Crystal Gordo
- Rad Gordo
- Boom Gordo
- Quantum Gordo
- Dervish Gordo
- Mosaic Gordo
Slime Gates are obstacles that must be opened using Slime Keys to progress to new areas.
Main article: Slime Gate
Map of Slime Key locations
Three gates are simply used as shortcuts and have alternate paths, so can be left locked:
- The Beach can be accessed via The Overgrowth.
- One of the gates leading to The Ancient Ruins.
- The second part of The Glass Desert only needs one of both gates to be accessed.
Although, for convenience, it is recommended to unlock all Slime Gates.
- 1.3.2 - Fixed a bug where the shop occasionally wouldn’t add a slime key to your inventory after you purchased it.
- Fixed a bug where the slime key count on the map did not include keys that you had already discovered.
- 1.0.1 - The map will also tracked[sic] any teleporters or extractors you’ve placed, and give you a total count of slime keys and treasure pods collected in each zone.
- 0.3.6 - The tabby gordo on the beach behind the Overgrowth no longer drops a slime key.
- 0.3.1 - The ancient slime gates and their keys scattered across the range have received an art pass. A new one can be found leading to the new beach area in the reef.
- 0.2.1 - Slimepedia entry has been added to acquisition of a slime key
- Before 0.2.0 - Added Slime Keys.