to explore or create shortcuts to familiar areas."
|“||No one knows who or what created the ancient slime gates that are found on the range.||”|
Slime Gates are large stone doors found dotted around the Far, Far Range which block access to areas containing new Slimes, Food and Slime Science Resources. There are 8 standard gates, plus 3 Vault gates which can only be accessed after viewing the credits, totaling 11 gates. To open them, they require a Slime Key, which are obtainable by bursting certain Gordo Slimes.Opening Slime Gates are necessary for game progression in Adventure Mode, as certain Vacpack upgrades and Casey Starmails only unlock when a certain number of slime gates have been opened.
This map contains all of the Slime Gate locations in a single image.
Note that while these locations are precise, they may be on different elevations.
- 1.0.1 - Fixed bug where some players’ progress at opening slime gates and the plort puzzle door was not being tracked properly and affected their receiving certain Casey mails.
- 0.3.5 - A bug was discovered that could affect the lock state of the Moss Blanket slime gate if you were playing v0.3.5 for the first time with a save file from multiple versions prior. The fix introduced in v0.3.5c will prevent this from occurring, however, it will not repair this broken state for those affected by the bug already. If you have already experienced this bug, you will need to create a new save file. We apologize for the inconvenience. (Please note: v0.3.5c is not on GOG as this issue does not affect GOG save files).
- 0.3.1 - The ancient slime gates and their keys scattered across the range have received an art pass. A new one can be found leading to the new beach area in the reef.
- 0.2.4 - Made the key icon on the slime gate more clear.
- Before 0.2.0 - Added.
- Slime Gates are a reference to Dragon claw puzzle doors from The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. The three rings that consist of the door may be an off-hand reference to Three Rings.
- It is possible to skip some gates by utilizing the Jetpack and abusing Largo physics, which is particularly useful for Rush Mode. For full upgrade unlocks and story progression, however, it is required to open all the gates.