The Range Exchange is a facility located in The Ranch near the entrance. It serves as the game's optional daily trading and rewards system. However, utilising the Range Exchange is a requirement for unlocking Ogden's Retreat, Mochi's Manor, and Viktor's Workshop.
The player is introduced to this mechanic at noon on Day 2 when Thora West first contacts them via Starmail, and a further four additional NPCs will then get in contact on subsequent days. It is not necessary to complete a trade with them, but it is necessary to open the Range Exchange at least once to introduce the next one.
Once all five ranchers have been introduced, the player can then make a choice between one of the two of the presented ranchers to trade with when the Range Exchange is interacted with each day.
Trade requests end at 12:00pm the next day, and a new set of trades will pop up at 12:05pm. Note that any resources deposited into an unfinished trade will be lost without reward.
NPCs can request up to three different items of varying amounts. What items are requested is dependent on who the trade is with; each NPC embodies a specific element to slime ranching, and will request items based on their profession.
Food, plorts, and slimes exclusive to The Moss Blanket, The Indigo Quarry, The Ancient Ruins, or The Glass Desert will not be requested if their respective zones have not had a Slime Gate opened to access them.
|Thora requests Slimes, Fruit and Veggies, Chickens, and Plorts from the combined request pools of the other NPCs. Her requests are not exclusive to a specific category.|
| Pink Slime • Rock Slime • Phosphor Slime • |
| Carrot • Pogofruit • Heart Beet • |
Cuberry • Oca Oca • Mint Mango •
Odd Onion • Phase Lemon • Prickle Pear •
| Pink Plort • Rock Plort • Phosphor Plort • |
Tabby Plort • Rad Plort • Honey Plort •
Boom Plort • Puddle Plort • Fire Plort •
Crystal Plort • Quantum Plort • Dervish Plort •
Hunter Plort • Mosaic Plort • Tangle Plort
| Hen Hen • Stony Hen • Briar Hen • |
Painted Hen • Roostro
Upon completing a Range Exchange trade, a crate is dropped and then broken containing the rewards presented on the Range Exchange screen. Crates may contain random food and/or plorts, but will always offer lump sums of Newbucks in units of 250 , 500 , 750 , or 1,000 .
Food and plorts exclusive to The Moss Blanket, The Indigo Quarry, The Ancient Ruins, or The Glass Desert will not be given as rewards if their respective zones have not had a Slime Gate opened to access them.
- The Achievement: Hasty Exchange is earned by completing a Range Exchange request before 2pm in-game time. The achievement counts only between when the new request pops up at 12:00, and 14:00 in-game time.
- 1.4.2 - Range Exchange icons no longer change to reflect a slime’s active secret style (from the Secret Style Pack DLC). Note: This is incorrect: Range Exchange icons do now change to reflect a slime's active secret style; this wasn't the case before.
- Fixed a bug where Range Exchange reward crates were not persisting between sessions.
- 1.4.0 - Viktor Humphries, an NPC, has created a Custom Range Exchange on his workshop, this new Range Exchange does not have a time limit, only asks for bug reports, and you can only exchange with Viktor at this Range Exchange. Every twenty bug reports you give turns into one Manifold Cube, and large amounts of bug reports can be given to unlock various rewards and eventually access to his workshop.
- 1.2.1 - You got a raise! Mochi will now pay you 200 newbucks for every 10 quicksilver plorts you deliver.
- 1.2.0 - Mochi Miles, an NPC, has created a Custom Range Exchange on her Manor, this new Range Exchange does not have a time limit, only asks for Quicksilver plorts, and you can only exchange with Mochi at this Range Exchange. Every ten quicksilver plorts you give turns into 150 Newbucks, and large amounts of quicksilver plorts can be given to unlock various rewards and eventually access to her Manor.
- 1.1.1 - The Range Exchange now has a countdown clock for the remaining duration of the current offer.
- 1.1.0 - The Range Exchange has been updated drastically, now having an updated design that allows you to see what you need to give and what you'll get without needing to press the button, and pressing the button now allows you to see the full body of the Rancher you are exchanging with and what they're saying as well. If you are currently not exchanging with anyone, then pressing the button will allow you to choose between two Ranchers to exchange with. All NPC profiles have been updated as well. Ogden Ortiz, an NPC, has created a Custom Range Exchange on his Retreat, this new Range Exchange does not have a time limit, only asks for Kookadoba Fruit, and you can only exchange with Ogden at this Range Exchange. Every three Kookadobas you give turns into one piece of Spicy Tofu, and large amounts of Kookadoba can be given to unlock various Garden Upgrades and eventually access to his Retreat.
- 0.4.1 - Rewards can now also include rare slime science resources.
- 0.4.0 - The bug where range exchange couldn't request items from other areas is finally fixed.
- 0.3.6 - Fixed a bug where sometimes the range exchange would double count items you put in.
- 0.3.5 - Added puddle slimes and hunter slimes to offers. This update also supposedly fixed the bug where range exchange couldn't request items from other areas than the Dry Reef, but that didn't happen.
- 0.3.0 - Now in the 5-Day Rush game mode the reward you get is always three gold plorts.
- 0.2.4 - Fixed a bug where sometimes the range exchange offers could carry on to a new save.
- 0.2.3 - The amount of slimes requested at once is now decreased.
- 0.2.2 - Fixed a bug where Ogden would sometimes give you slimes as rewards.
- Before 0.2.0 - Added to the game.
- It is possible to catch the crate that is deployed when you complete a request, allowing for it to be broken in a more controlled environment.
- NPCs do not request resources exclusive to The Wilds, Nimble Valley and The Slimeulation.
- The Range Exchange does not have a Slimepedia entry.