|“||This is a fruit that knows how to fight back.||”|
— the Slimepedia
Prickle pears are as tough as the Glass Desert itself; having a thick, leathery, skin and covered in sharp barbs, they're an 'acquired taste' to be sure. But those who put forth the cautious effort will find one of the sweetest fruits in the known universe hiding within.
On the Ranch:
Deposit a prickle pear into a garden's depositor and you'll grow a large prickle pear tree of your very own.
- Prickle Pears are easy to grow and harvest while Dervish Plorts are high in value, making it one of the best Fruit/Slime combinations in the game financially. It shares this trait with the Mosaic Slime and its favoured veggie, the Silver Parsnip.
Also note that while these locations are precise, they may be on different elevations.
- 1.3.1 - Fixed an issue where fruits and veggies would almost always be unripe in an area that you haven’t visited in awhile.
- 0.6.0 - Implemented. It is the Dervish Slime's favourite food. Now found in The Glass Desert.
- 0.3.1 - Fruits and veggies and fruit trees have received a lovely makeover and are now more visually distinct. The cuberry tree is now cube-shaped because science.
- 0.2.0 - Unimplemented. The Prickle Pear is now no longer the Rock Slime's favourite food; Rock Slimes now favour Heart Beets and unimplemented Mosaic Slimes were changed to favour Prickle Pears.
- Before 0.2.0 - Unimplemented. The Prickle Pear is the Rock Slime's favourite food.
- Although the Prickle Pear has not been the Rock Slime's favoured food since before Update 0.2.0, the "Rancher's Rundown" and early art on the page on the Monomi Park website still indicates this.