Ogden Ortiz is an NPC currently only found on the Range Exchange and through the custom Range Exchange at Ogden's Retreat. He is the fourth NPC to send Beatrix StarMail, and the third Range Exchange NPC. He introduces himself at the earliest at noon on Day 4.
Little is known about Ogden, though he used to be the CEO of a major insta-food conglomerate which would make food that was full of chemicals and preservatives which in turn would make people on Earth ill in the name of profit. He attempted to sabotage the company in protest, but was unsuccessful and was ousted. He travelled to the Far, Far Range to grow his own crops naturally. Because of this habit, he tends to only raise Slimes that eat fruits and veggies.
A few of his Range Exchange dialogues suggests that he may also be proficient with preparing and creating the food he grows and requests from the Range Exchange, rather than just growing them. This is shown to some degree by the Spicy Tofu he trades in exchange for Kookadoba.
- Ogden claims that carrots help you see in the dark. This is true, but only to an extent; carrots are a source of vitamin A which is required for your body to synthesise rhodopsin, which is the pigment in your eyes that operates in low-light conditions, but does not allow you to see in complete darkness.
- Ogden first mentioned Gilded Ginger long before any indication that it was going to be released. He has also mentioned Starfire rum, and Starfire of any description is currently not in the game.
- Nick Popovich's profile picture on his Twitter is a picture of Ogden Ortiz.
- Ogden derives from the Old English words "ac" and "denu", which mean oak and valley, respectively. Ortiz is a Basque surname which is common in Spain, specially in the Basque Country.
- This may mean his heritage is a combination of English, Basque and Spanish.