Very little is known about Ogden's life, such as when did he become a farmer.
It is rumored (as said in the loading screen tip) however, that he was once the CEO of a major insta-food conglomerate. If this were to be true, then something must have caused him to step down from his position in that company and become a farmer.
Now since he's there on the Far, Far Range, he grows fruits and veggies the old-school way and ranches tends to raise slimes that eat them. He also is interested in making recipes. Since Beatrix arrived to her ranch, he also requests these foods from her sometimes.
The name's Ogden Ortiz. I’m a slime rancher much like yourself but I mostly fancy myself as a farmer. I came to the Far, Far Range to grow fruits and veggies the way we used to back on earth: by getting down into the soil and getting your hands dirty.
Did you know that the carrots improve your night vision? Yeah, seriously, they do! I don’t see why all ranchers aren’t just gobbling them down every chance they get. Being lost out on the range at night can be so dangerous.
Well don’t let me ramble on ya here. We’ll be in touch via the Range Exchange. I tend to only raise slimes that eat fruits and veggies, so expect those kind of requests from me.
- Eating carrots help you see in the dark!
- I'm in a real pickle here!
- I'm working on a new recipe. Help me out?
- Ogden's Party Punch: 1 part pogofruit juice, 1 parts prickle pear juice, 2 parts starfire rum. Gets you dancing!
- Sometimes I like to take a nap in the Moss Blanket. But those darn boom slimes always wake me up!
- The best part of an orange is the peel. but the inside's pretty good too.
- Ogden mentions the 'gilded ginger,' which could be a possible method of getting two plorts from a gold slime or taming it. This feature has not yet been implemented, and it is unknown whether will be, or if it's just a legend. It's up to you to decide what you believe.