Very little is known about Ogden, though it is suggested through Loading Screen Texts that he was rumored to be the CEO of a major insta-food conglomerate. Regardless, he prefers to grow fruits and veggies the old fashioned way by planting and raising crops manually and, most likely because of this habit, tends to only raise Slimes that eat fruits and veggies.
A few of his Range Exchange dialogues suggests that he may also be proficient with preparing and creating the food he grows and requests from the Range Exchange, rather than just growing them.
Range Exchange dialogue
|“||Eating carrots help you see in the dark!||”|
|“||I'm in a real pickle here!||”|
|“||I'm working on a new recipe. Help me out?||”|
|“|| Ogden's Party Punch: 1 part pogofruit juice, 1 part prickle pear juice, 2 parts starfire rum.|
Gets you dancing!
|“|| Sometimes I like to take a nap in the Moss Blanket.|
But those darn Boom Slimes always wake me up!
|“||The best part of an orange is the peel, but the inside's pretty good too.||”|
- Ogden claims that carrots help you see in the dark. This is true, but only to an extent; carrots are a source of Vitamin A which is required for your body to synthesise rhodopsin, which is the pigment in your eyes that operates in low-light conditions, but does not allow you to see in complete darkness.
- Ogden first mentioned Gilded Ginger long before any indication that it was going to be released. He has also mentioned Starfire rum, and Starfire of any description is currently not in the game.
- Nick Popovich's profile picture on his Twitter is a picture of Ogden Ortiz.
- "Ogden" derives from the Old English words "ac" and "denu", which mean oak and valley, respectively. "Ortiz" is a combination of Spanish and Basque, which means "The Son of Orta/Orti".
- This may mean his heritage is a combination of English, Basque and Spanish.
So Ogden is English, Ortiz is Spanish and Basque.