Kookadoba is a fruit that is commonly found in The Wilds, with locations refreshing on a daily basis. They can be traded for Spicy Tofu on Ogden's Retreat, at a rate of 3 Kookadoba fruit to one Spicy Tofu.
Kookadoba are known as 'the king of fruit' by their enthusiasts, which include the jolly gourmand, Ogden Ortiz. However, harvesting them can be quite perilous as they only grow in the feral domain of The Wilds. Worse, the kookadoba smells and tastes horrible to most palates, with most who try it reporting it has the flavor of 'stinky cheese meets stinkier cheese.'
- Kookadoba can also be found in the form of a Saber Slime Mudball, which resemble the Yarn Ball. They must be broken down on a Kookacracker, which are found dotted around The Wilds. Doing so will award the player with 5 kookadoba.
- Despite their name, Saber slimes don't interact with them. They can pick up, and move around single Kookadoba however.
- 1.1.1 - Rotten kookadobas are now more obviously rotten. But either way, they stink.
- Fixed bug where Kookadoba sometimes did not correctly attach to their plants on game load.
- 1.1.0 - Implemented.
- Kookadoba appear to be primarily based on Durian fruits considering their nickname of "The King of Fruit" and their unpleasant odor. They are also physically similar to ripe purple artichokes. The bush they are found on resembles a Pineapple plant.
- Despite being stated to be made of sticks, mud, and slime, the mudball form of the Kookadoba heavily resembles a walnut. The method of breaking them with the Kookacrackers to obtain 5 Kookadoba fruit mirrors the method of cracking walnuts with a nut cracker.
- Prior to release, the roadmap entry for the Kookadoba stated:
Take a side job working for Ogden Ortiz and explore the Wilds, an untamed island on the Far, Far Range full of primitive, feral slimes! Ogden will offer you unique rewards for collecting the rare Kookadoba fruit that grows in the Wilds.
- The Kookadoba boasts the shortest decay time of all food in the game.
- Because no slime favors it, placing the Kookadoba in a Master Gordo Snare will spawn a Pink Gordo.
- Harvesting a Kookadoba plant emits the same particle effect - although a purple shade - as the Gilded Ginger.
- The Kookadoba and the Gilded Ginger both share many similarities; neither are able to be grown in a Garden, spawn in their respective areas as single crops in specific locations, and produce a dust-like particle effect when harvested.
|Locations||Ogden's Retreat • The Wilds|
|Food||Kookadoba • Spicy Tofu|
|Collectables||Ogden's Retreat Treasure Pods • The Wilds Treasure Pods|