As of 10th April 2019, Featured Videos are disabled by logging in.
Click here for more information.
|“||Nothing is sweeter than (a freshly produced plort of) honey.||”|
— the Slimepedia
Honey slimes are an odd breed of slime composed of a hyper-sweet slime compound. Most slime scientists believe this to be the result of their slime cells replicating the natural sugars found in the fruits and floral nectars of the Far, Far Range. Most ranchers agree their plorts taste great on cereal.
The greatest danger a honey slime poses is found in their plorts. Honey plorts the sweetest, most delicious plorts known on the Far, Far Range. Other slimes can detect them from much further away than a normal plort and will do everything in their means to get them. A rancher with honey slimes needs to be careful about unintended largos, or worse...
Honey plorts are highly prized by food manufacturers. Though the plorts are naturally incredibly sweet, the discovery that they could be refined into an even sweeter substance made their demand soar. These refined honey plorts are said to score an unprecedented 867 on the Werner-Thompkins-Hong sacchrino scale, just a few points shy of 'not fit for human consumption.'
- Slimes are attracted to Honey Plorts from further distances than normal Plorts, so it is recommended that Honey Slimes, as well as any neighboring corraled Slimes, have the High Wall and Air Net upgrades to reduce the risk of any slimes escaping into each other's corrals.
- 1.2.0 - Fixed bug where low-res version of honey slimes had the wrong crest.
- 0.6.0 - Honey Plorts are now detected from further away. Before, this didn't really happen.
- 0.2.0 - Honey Slimes now only spawn in The Moss Blanket. Before, they only spawned in The Dry Reef.
- Before 0.2.0 - Implemented.
Honey Slimes are based on real-world honey. The hexagonal shapes on their foreheads resemble honeycombs which bees store honey in after converting nectar into honey using naturally occuring enzymes. The Honey Slime's diet of fruit references the connection between bees' collection of nectar, which in turn pollinates flowers required to develop into fruits, and the conversion of nectar into honey. The mango is one such plant that requires pollination.
The Honey Slime's Secret Style - Royal Jelly - is based on the real-world product royal jelly, with the purple coloration and crown design from the rare resource Royal Jelly. Just like the resource, it is also based on the Royal Jelly from Spiral Knights.