|“||If you listen to it closely, you can faintly hear a veggie.||”|
— the Slimepedia
Heart beets get their name from their deep, red color and heart-like shape. Heart beets are also unusually juicy for a beet, making it the only veggie that's not for the squeamish in the kitchen.
- Heart Beets can be encountered very early on. A Heart Beet patch is located just outside of The Ranch gates over a ledge, on top of a small rocky plateau which requires the Jetpack to get to.
- The consistency of the Heart Beets' growth and harvest yield makes Rock Slimes a decent choice for converting harder-to-feed or more valuable Slimes into Largos.
- Heart Beet crops in The Indigo Quarry may have Odd Onions in them.
- 1.3.1 - Fixed an issue where fruits and veggies would almost always be unripe in an area that you haven’t visited in awhile.
- 0.3.1 - Fruits and veggies and fruit trees have received a lovely makeover and are now more visually distinct. The cuberry tree is now cube-shaped because science.
- Before 0.2.0 - Implemented.
The Heart Beet is a beetroot in the shape of a heart symbol, although the Slimepedia entry implies that it can be likened to an actual heart. The Slimepedia tagline - "If you listen to it closely, you can faintly hear a veggie." - may be a reference to seashell resonance, the popular folk myth that listening to a seashell allows one to hear the sound of the ocean, which in reality it is a combination of ambient noise in the environment and activity from within the body. Its name is a pun on the term "heartbeat".
- Despite being the Rock Slime's current favorite food, in the past, the Prickle Pear was planned as their favorite food. The reason the change was made is unknown.
- The Prickle Pear is now the dervish's favorite food.