|“||Ever hear of gilded ginger? It’s a mythical veggie that is said to be the favorite food of the equally mythical gold slime. But some say that neither of them actually exist!||”|
— Ogden mentioning the Gold Slime and the Gilded Ginger from his Starmail.
The Gilded Ginger is an elusive Veggie that is found exclusively in The Glass Desert, though only two will appear a day. When in the ground, it will produce a glimmering sound which makes it easier to detect. It is the favored food of Gold Slimes and can be used on a Gordo Snare to attract a Gold Gordo, which cannot otherwise be encountered.
Curiously, gilded ginger cannot be replicated in a garden as its unusual biological properties prohibit it. However, there is perhaps another use for it...
On the Ranch:
Said to be the holy grail of veggies, gilded ginger can very rarely be found growing in the Glass Desert. It is the only known food that a gold slime will eat, and the few that have seen it claim that doing so will greatly reward the lucky rancher.
- Two new Gilded Gingers spawn in any of the 74 locations at 5:00 A.M. every day, and if the previous day's Gingers weren't collected they will uproot automatically and decay soon after if not eaten by a slime. A Gilded Ginger will never spawn in a location near Beatrix, and spawns fully mature.
- To maximise chances of finding a Gilded Ginger, it is best to set up a series of teleporters near spawn locations or use teleporters to get to harder to reach places with Ginger locations, such as behind the Mosaic Gordo. Setting up a clear route and starting the hunt at 5:00 A.M. will help increase chances of finding that day's Ginger. Additionally, it may be wise to place Echoes on Ginger spawn points.
- A ginger prior to being harvested will emit sparkles and twinkle sound effects, allowing it to be located easily.
- Feeding a Gold Slime a Gilded Ginger always produces five Gold Plorts. Golden Sureshot will not work on a Gold Slime if fed a Gilded Ginger.
- A Gilded Ginger used on a Novice and Advanced Gordo Snare does not guarantee a Gold Gordo; they have the same probability as other Foods to attract other Gordos instead. A Master Gordo Snare will guarantee a Gold Gordo.
- 1.3.2 - Gilded Gingers now appear in two locations daily and, if you listen closely, are easier to locate. Happy hunting!
- 1.2.0 - Gilded Gingers are now awarded on successful trades at the Range Exchange while playing Rush Mode.
- 1.1.0 - Fixed bug where the hat trick achievement was not awarded when gilded ginger was eaten by a gold slime.
- 1.0.1 - Added.
- The Gilded Ginger's name may be a reference to the Ginger Gold apple variety, which are generally yellow in coloration. It may draw some inspiration from edible gold leaf, which is often used as a garnish in luxury culinary uses, which may account for the ginger's rarity. Physically, it is a ginger plant and root with a clean gold finish, giving it the appearence of having been treated with food color spray, similarly to the Silver Parsnip.
- Before its release, the roadmap entry for the Gilded Ginger stated:
Gilded ginger can very rarely be found growing in the Glass Desert. It can be used to gain additional gold plorts from a gold slime in the wild or used on [REDACTED].
|Map||World Map • Map Data Nodes|
|Collectables||Gilded Ginger (Locations) • The Ranch Treasure Pods|