As of 10th April 2019, Featured Videos are disabled by logging in.
Click here for more information.
|“||Like a little campfire, except that it moves and it's a slime.||”|
— the Slimepedia
Fire Slimes are primarily encountered during Solar Anomalies in The Glass Desert. They require a specific habitat to survive and can feed on any food from the fruit, veggie, or meat categories as long as it has been burned on the Incinerator and converted to ash.
Because of their similarities, they are often considered to be a counterpart to the Puddle Slime.
Fire slimes are a rare breed of slime that lives on ash. Fire slimes will eat just about any food, but not without it being burned into ash first. The only way to feed a fire slime is to use an incinerator with an ash trough upgrade.
Fire slimes need ash to survive and will quickly snuff out if left on any other surface for too long. When keeping fire slimes in an ash trough, simply burn any food item to produce some ash and fill the trough.
A fire slime's naturally burning state makes them bad companions for other slimes as their fiery touch will send a slime flying. Additionally, fire slimes and their plorts need to be kept in an ash trough under an incinerator or they'll quickly snuff out. If you need to deal with fire slimes directly, a splash of fresh water will put out their fires for a short while.
Fire plorts are used in the developing world on Earth to keep stoves and fireplaces burning. Thanks to fire plorts, warm hands and hot food is a possibility for millions of people who otherwise would not have access to such luxuries.
A rancher won't get rich selling fire plorts, and certainly managing them can be a dangerous endeavor, but they should know that the sale of each helps those in need. Now and far into the future, the little noble actions of every individual help us move forward as a people. That much will never change.
- Unlike their Puddle counterparts, Fire slimes do not have a hard limit of how many can be in the same Ash Trough. As such, you can keep as many fire slimes in them as you wish.
- While water will extinguish the fire from the fire slimes, it will also extinguish the fire plorts, causing them to burst instantly. As such, it is recommended to simply take the risk of getting burned when vaccing up Fire Plorts.
- A burning Fire Slime will heavily agitate any Slime that comes into contact with it; for example, a happy well-fed Hunter Largo can turn feral after just three hits.
- 1.3.0 - Fixed bug where puddle and fire slimes sometimes did not properly notice that they weren’t on their preferred surface.
- 1.2.1 - Fixed bug where fire slimes would (tragically) bounce (out of their troughs) with excitement when they saw Beatrix return to the ranch.
- 1.2.0 - Fixed bug where fire slimes in ponds sometimes did not despawn properly.
- Fixed bug where fire slimes in water did not become extinguished.
- 1.1.1 - Fixed bug where Tarr and Fire slimes were bounced too aggressively out of ponds.
- 1.1.0 - Fire slimes have lost the ants in their pants and no longer leap at toys. It was getting them killed.
- 1.0.1 - Fire slimes will no longer despawn in an empty Ash Trough, but will not be fed if left empty.
- 0.6.0 - Fire slimes have been added and are spawned during Solar Anomalies.
- 0.6.0b - Fixed bug that caused Fire slimes to not periodically spawn during Solar Anomalies.
The Fire Slime has the appearence of a slow burning thick flammable liquid. Its diet of ash, which is produced by incinerating food, is a simplified version of the process of producing charcoal, often used to keep fires lit.
The Fire Slime's Secret Style - Devilish - is based on the common interpretation of devils, commonly associated with fire and Hell, but may also be based on a generic fire demon. Its blue flames are typical of combustion with little to no soot content. Its purple coloration and yellow eyes shares a physical resemblence to Devilites from Spiral Knights, while its fiery aura may be based on their stronger Overtimer variants.
- Fire Slimes, their plorts, and their Slime Toy the Charcoal Brick, are all immune to the Incinerator. They are also immune from agitating each other on contact.
- Fire Slimes cannot survive under normal conditions anywhere in the Far, Far Range; as there is no naturally occurring ash.
- Fire slimes produce a plort every 2 in game hours if possible, and will save up to 3 complete timers if it isn't possible.
- In the prototype phase of The Glass desert, Fire Slimes were white instead of being red.