|“||An old bird whose egg-laying days are over, easy.||”|
— the Slimepedia
Elder Hens are what all Hens, regardless of what type they were originally, have a chance of degrading into after producing a Chickadoo. They can no longer lay eggs in this state.
Elder hens have lived a full-feathered life. They've met the roostro of their dreams, seen their little chickadoos grow up, and are ready to start the next chapter of their chicken lives. In all likelihood this will include getting the names of countless books, movies and actors wrong. But don't blame them for that. They're chickens for goodness sake.
On the Ranch:
An elder hen can no longer lay eggs and serves no other purpose than becoming a slightly tough chicken dinner.
- An Elder Hen or Roostro is required for the achievement Carousel, where you must throw one into an Incinerator.
- Elder Hens can still be fed to Slimes, though no Slime favours them.
- 1.4.0 - Adult chickens are now able to equip Fashion Pods.
- Before 0.2.0 - Implemented.
The Elder Hen is an adult chicken that can no longer lay eggs due to its age. The Elder Hen's caption references Over easy, an American term for an egg that's been fried on both sides with the yolk still runny.
- Elder Hens in Low model quality resemble grey Hen Hens.