|“|| Within the crumbling walls of the Ancient Ruins, small traces of energy can be found, never staying in one place for very long. Called echoes, they are believed to be a phenomenon resulting from some kind of ancient event. Since they are harmless, echoes are often collected by ranchers as good luck charms or used as decorations.
Echoes appear regularly in the nooks and crannies of the Ancient Ruins, as well as from Extractors.
On the Ranch:
There are four colors of echoes:
By shooting 2 or more echoes at the same point, the colors will mix. The echoes will remain separate items, however. Here is a table of mixing two colors with each other:
When adding more echoes, it is possible to get more colors than listed here, but each additional echo will change the color less.
By mixing more echoes together the color also becomes more intense, since each individual echo will cover slightly different points at a time.
- Since Echoes don't despawn and float in place when shot out of the Vacpack, the only way to get rid of them is to shoot them into an Incinerator or The Slime Sea, demolish a Silo containing them, or Pick up/Demolish a Warp Depot containing them.
- Players can make use of this mechanic to form bread crumb trails while navigating areas such as The Glass Desert.
- Too many Echoes in one location will slightly slow your game down.
- Echoes can be found in certain locations, or more random ones. An example is on top of a non-plort slime statue.
- In the update trailer of The Ancient Ruins, red echoes were used to mimic the title of Slime Rancher.
- Ornaments appear to have echos inside of them.