|“||Twists and turns all day and spirals all night.||”|
— the Slimepedia
While they can be found infrequently around the Glass Desert in an agitated state, snaring its Gordo through Gordo Snares, or bursting the wild Dervish Gordo, they will spawn consistently throughout The Glass Desert when certain oases have been restored.
A dervish slime is a swirling, whirling bundle of energy in slimy form. Dervish slimes are commonly found in the Glass Desert, cruising across its dusty dunes at high speed atop little whirlwinds.
One thing is for certain: wherever the dervish slime needs to go, it gets there in a hurry.
Dervish slimes can cause total chaos on a ranch if not cared for properly. In addition to frequently riding atop whirlwinds at high speed and collecting objects along the way, a highly agitated dervish slime can produce giant cyclones of air that vacuum up and toss about anything they touch.
When cyclones are roaring across your ranch there's little you can do other than brace for the chaos that will soon follow!
Dervish plorts are a fantastic source of clean energy that helps give turbines and generators an extra boost. They are in constant demand as curiously, there is a finite number of spins stored in every dervish plort.
- 1.2.0 - Fixed a bug related to tangle vines and dervish whirlwinds that could sometimes result in launched slimes and other items.
- 0.6.0 - Implemented with The Glass Desert update.
- 0.6.0d - Fixed bug where sound would sometimes cut out after too much time around Dervish Slimes.
- Because of their rings, players jokingly give them planet-related names.
- Their secret style may be a reference to Meteor Slimes, which were never added in the final game.