Here you'll find some basic guidelines for using and editing on this Wiki.
- Please be respectful towards each other. Don't harass or bully other users. If you don't like someone, just stop interacting with them. If you have an issue with the content of someone's user profile, just stay off of it. If it has NSFW content, notify an Admin.
- Don't spam the comments or user message walls. Ideally article comments should be used to discuss the content of the page.
- Please don't intentionally make comments vertically large with excessive pagebreaks.
- Keep things Safe For Work. If you have to ask if it's okay to talk about, it probably isn't.
- Advertising is not allowed.
- The primary language of this wiki is English.
- Slime Rancher is an American game, so American English should be used for articles.
- Stuck on how to edit and don't know how you can contribute? Check out this page for tutorials. For a quick basic tutorial, see here. Otherwise, feel free to contribute to pages by polishing them up, in particular spelling and grammar. Even if it's a small change, a small change can go a long way to improve the quality of the page's content.
- Do try to be as accurate as possible with information you add to a page.
- Remain objective. Try not to use "you" or "your" and try to refer to the user as "Beatrix" if keeping in-universe, or preferably "the player".
- Please only create articles if the sole focus is a piece of content in the game. Nonsense pages will be considered vandalism. Opinions and fan-made content are considered blog post content. Articles made for these will be removed and the user notified about their blogs.
- If there is a vandal, or a user providing unnecessary edits in general, you are free to undo them if necessary by going to the page's Edit History and clicking Undo. If an Edit war breaks out, chances are an Admin will notice them and put them to an end, but just in case you may want to alert one on the Discord or post on their Message Wall. A list of Admins is available here.
- Remember that we aren't a file-sharing site and shouldn't be used as one. If it is not going to be used on the wiki then it shouldn't be uploaded. If files flag up as unused, they will get deleted. If you don't want a file to get removed, use it on the site!
- Wiki use includes: an article, a userpage, a blog, or on a comment to get a point across.
- When taking screenshots for an article, please use the game's Screenshot button which is accessible from the Pause menu; it takes a clean image in a PNG format and removes the in-game HUD, giving focus to the subject. The game also has the ability to create GIFs if necessary.
- If an image is to be used in an article, please do not use the default names that the game creates them with (Example: SlimeRancher-2017-12-21-12-22-22-91.png) and give them descriptive filenames. If a lot of images on a page have similar names, it can be difficult to track them down or edit articles involving a large number of images.
- This does not apply to userpages, article comments and blogs; they can still be uploaded with the default names as long as they are not used in an article.
- No advertisements.
- Any and all pictures NSFW and unsuited for minors will be deleted. If necessary, Wikia staff may be informed.
Speaking of which...
We have a Discord which anyone can join. But as a measure against spam, you will have to wait ten minutes until you're allowed to post.
- Swearing is not allowed.
- Use the channels appropriately.
- Don't spam.
- Nothing NSFW.
- No insulting or attacking other users.
Repeatedly breaking those rules will result in you being banned from the server.
Discord #music channel
We also have a #music channel on the server which utilises a bot called @FredBoat♪♪ to play music.
- Using @FredBoat♪♪ is only allowed on #music.
- Be mindful of other users (that means you shouldn't play stuff like 10 hour videos or meme spam).
- If you don't like the song currently played, don't skip it. Just deafen yourself instead.