Chickadoos often spawn from nests with Hen Hens and to a lesser extent, Roostros. They, along with Hen Hens, Carrots and Pogofruits, are the most common resources available to Beatrix and are one of the first types of Chickadoos - and by extension Hens - encountered.
Chickadoos can be produced domestically in a coop by a Hen Hen if it is in the presence of a Roostro, and will itself grow up into a Hen Hen or - more rarely - a Roostro. Until it grows up, Slimes will not eat it.
Chickadoos of all varieties will never be eaten by slimes. Some believe this is because slimes are too kind-hearted to do such a thing. Others believe it's because chickadoos don't yet have enough meat on their bones.
- If a player shoots a Chickadoo into an Incinerator they will get the Achievement: You... Monster!.
- Hen Hens spawn frequently in The Overgrowth; so it is not recommended to continue breeding them for Chickadoos once it is unlocked.
Because they are often found together, this map also applies to Hen Hens and Roostros.
- 1.0.1 - Chickadoos of any type can now be used on Gold Slimes to produce Gold Plorts.
- Before 0.2.0 - Implemented.
- The tooltip may be a reference to Peeps, which is a marshmallow candy shaped like a chick.