|“||Next to a vacpack, it's a rancher's best friend.||”|
— the Slimepedia
The humble carrot was brought to the Far, Far Range because they're easy to grow and nutritious. Most ranchers swear by them as they're a handy portable snack, promote good night vision, and when juiced are only second to coffee as the perfect morning beverage.
- The Carrot is the most common and most accessible vegetable in the game, and is very helpful for feeding veg-eating slimes, such as the Rock Slime or the Rad Slime. However because no Slime favors it, it will never produce double the number of Plorts produced.
- For this reason, it may be unwise to grow Carrots unless you don't yet have access to favored foods.
- Their larger harvest yield compared to more valuable foods may be suitable as incinerated food for Fire Slimes.
- Carrots are fairly abundant in The Overgrowth once it is unlocked; 3 wild Carrot plots are located there.
- 1.3.1 - Fixed an issue where fruits and veggies would almost always be unripe in an area that you haven’t visited in awhile.
- 0.3.1 - Fruits and veggies and fruit trees have received a lovely makeover and are now more visually distinct. The cuberry tree is now cube-shaped because science.
- Before 0.2.0 - Implemented.
The Carrot is based on a carrot. It is one of the few foods in the game that are not a variant of a real world food.
- The Silver Parsnip's in-game model once resembled a silver carrot prior to food's graphical update in Update 0.3.1. However their Slimepedia icons continue to resemble one another.