The Carrot is a veggie and is one of the most common foods in the game, along with the Pogofruit and the Hen Hen. They are one of the first foods a Rancher will encounter. also, just like the pogofruit and the hen hen, no slimes favor this food.
The humble carrot was brought to the Far, Far Range because they're easy to grow and nutritious. Most ranchers swear by them as they're a handy portable snack, promote good night vision, and when juiced are only second to coffee as the perfect morning beverage.
- The Carrot is the most common and most accessible vegetable in the game, and is very helpful for feeding veg-eating slimes, such as the Rock Slime or the Rad Slime. However because no Slime favors it, it will never produce double the number of Plorts.
- For this reason, it may be unwise to grow Carrots unless you don't yet have access to favored foods.
- Their larger harvest yield compared to more valuable foods may be suitable as incinerated food for Fire Slimes.
- Carrots are fairly abundant in The Overgrowth once it is unlocked; 3 wild Carrot plots are located there.
- The Carrot is one of the few foods in the game that are not a variant of a real-world food; instead they themselves are an actual food.
- They can be found in nearly every area of the game, similarly to Pogofruits and Hen Hens.